Brand it up
Check out the Sweet October materials and information at https://sweetlouise.co.nz/sweet-october/ to make your event look and sound great! If you think you’ll need something more, contact us on 0800 793 385 or email email@example.com
Shout about it
A bit of buzz always helps get the support rolling in. Tell your family, friends and colleagues what you’re doing by email and on social media. Let people know what Sweet Louise do and tell them why you personally want to raise funds for our work – you’ll inspire people to support you! Let people know they can still donate to your fundraising page even if they can’t attend your event
You could try asking your local newspaper or radio station for a shout-out as well. If you would like support with approaching your local media, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask your employer
Some organisations will match your personal donations or money you raise for charity. It’s an easy way to double your money. Check with your employer or HR department to find out if that’s something they’ll offer.
Post about your fundraising on social media – and make sure you tag @sweetlouiseNZ on Facebook and Instagram! We’d love to see your photos and updates. Here are a few key hashtags you could use in your posts: #sweetlouise #sweetoctober #breastcancerawareness #breastcancerawarenessmonth #advancedbreastcancer #metastaticbreastcancer
Boost your online fundraising
Everydayhero fundraising pages are a great way to accept donations, track how much you’ve raised and keep your supporters updated.
Here are some tried and tested tips to make your fundraising page work for you:
- Personalise your page so everyone knows what you’re doing and why you’re fundraising for Sweet Louise.
- Include your event details such as the date and time and any extra activities you are doing for fun.
- Add photos and give updates to keep everyone engaged. You could share recipe ideas or let your guests know how they can contribute.
- Don’t be modest – if you’re getting close to your target, why not increase it and see if you can raise even more?
- Share your page on social media and remind people by posting the progress of your event.
- Be sure to include the link to your fundraising page in everything you do!